To support our Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) initiatives, SDC manages safety continuously and proactively by establishing systems and accountability for processes to eliminate factors that lead to incidents.
- All incidents are preventable.
- Good safety and good business performance go hand-in-hand.
- Manage Environmental Health Safety (EHS) like all other aspects of our business.
- Sustained EHS excellence requires active and complete involvement.
- Management leadership sets direction and values.
- Comprehensive participation to successfully support and adapt EHS initiatives.
- Eliminate factors that lead to incidents, and ensure safety systems are proactively managed.
- Develop a continuous improvement attitude that leads to a lasting safety culture.
- Prevention – The only acceptable goal is ZERO lost time accidents.
- Economic Impact – Direct and indirect cost associated with incidents to our company and customers.
- Prioritization – Long-term, any safety procedure short cut will result in an incident, impacting production and efficiency.
- Process – Immediate incident investigation of causation, focused on fixing processes, procedures, or behaviors to prevent incidents.
- Benefits – Sustainable EHS culture committed to embracing safety issues which improve work conditions and performance.